We are a group made up of hospice staff, volunteers and a trustee board member who love singing together (and dressing up) to entertain patients and their friends and relatives, as well as the wider community of the hospice. We love to inject humour into our performances, as well as singing more poignant songs, depending on the event, and have found the therapeutic benefits of music and singing together.
The choir originally started as a Christmas entertainment slot for our patients and families/carers on the ward and in day-care, and also for children and families who receive bereavement support from us
Since Christmas 2016 we have sung at the following;
- Calon FM to promote the hospice
- ‘Light Up A Life’ Service which takes place annually at the hospice and links into other services in Corwen, Bala, Deeside, Hanmer, Llangollen
- Hospice open day / summer fete
- Hospice volunteers’ Christmas party
- We have recently performed at a joint working conference for the hospice and the local Motor Neurone Disease Society